Preparing for Labor and Delivery
5 steps to take when preparing for labor and delivery
Preparing for labor and delivery will make you feel more confident and prepared for the grand finale of pregnancy—the birth of your baby. Our experienced Round Rock obgyns are here to help you get ready for labor and delivery and for everything that happens after your baby arrives.
Preparing for labor and delivery begins with these five steps
Highly qualified staff are available to assist you on every step of your pregnancy journey, but preparing for labor and delivery also requires some planning on your part. Our physicians recommend five steps to assist you in preparing for labor and delivery.
- Create a birth plan. A birth plan is a document you create to let our Round Rock obgyns and the support staff at the hospital know what kind of birth experience you hope to have. It addresses several issues that occur during labor and delivery, including positions during labor, pain relief during labor and delivery, and who will cut the umbilical cord. Ask our physicians for more information about creating a birth plan.
- Take a childbirth class. Our Round Rock obgyns deliver babies at Seton Medical Center Williamson. You can choose from different childbirth classes, including the ABC’s of Prepared Childbirth and Newborn Care Classes at the medical center.
- Learn about newborn care. Part of preparing for labor and delivery is learning more about life after your baby arrives. Seton Medical Center Williamson offers classes that teach you about newborn care, as well as classes that prepare siblings for a new baby.
- Prepare for breastfeeding. Talk to our staff about the breastfeeding class at Seton Medical Center Williamson. Taking a class will prepare you to feed your baby and make you feel more confident. Consider establishing a relationship with a lactation consultant and/or a support group before you give birth.
- Tour the hospital. Don’t forget to tour the hospital when you are preparing for labor and delivery. It’s nice to be familiar with the place where you will give birth. You can also view the Seton Medical Center Williamson Virtual Tour.
Preparing for labor and delivery may seem like a daunting task, but when you break it down and approach it step by step, it’s not so intimidating. Our Round Rock obgyns and our caring staff are here to help you get ready for your big day. Contact us for an appointment.
| Oakwood Seton Williamson